Walgreens.com is a pretty good place to get a deal on contact lenses, but it’s not a participating provider for VSP vision insurance. Unlike an optometrist, they won’t submit a claim to VSP directly, even if you’re covered. The good news is, if you want to buy from Walgreens and you have VSP, you can still file a claim for reimbursement yourself.
- Check your VSP account online to make sure you’re eligible.
- Buy your lenses from Walgreens.com. (I highly recommend checking ebates.com for great cash back deals on lenses and lots more.)
- Open up your Walgreens My Account page, and bring up your order under Orders and Activity. Print the complete order page to a PDF file and save it to your computer.
- Log into the VSP website with your member account.
- Navigate to Claims and Reimbursement, and Submit an Out Of Network claim. Start a New Claim.
- Enter the date of your order.
- Enter your personal information.
- On the Service Information page, you’ll need to specify “Other” and enter the contact information for the Walgreens.com store. I was able to find this just by looking around the Walgreens.com website for contact information. The image below shows what I used, but things may have changed, so I would encourage you to look it up for yourself.
- On the Receipts page, upload the PDF you saved in Step #3.
With luck, your claim will be processed within a week or two.